Wednesday, March 4, 2009

The New Altar in American Catholicism?


The American Spectator has an article on how "Catholic" Democrats are doing the heavy lifting when it comes to promoting abortion, and whether Herr Obama is actively working to fan the flames within Catholicism by choosing the worst among us for positions of power in his administration.

http://spectator.org/archives/2009/03/04/sebelius-and-kmiec-catholicis2

I wonder how long it will be before this embarassment is dealt with by the Church. Not that I expect the American Church to actually do anything to really deal with these imposters, since so many in the upper echelons of the Church over here are on such friendly terms with the Democrat party.

We've witnessed a recent (and ongoing) flap over Bp. Williamson from the SSPX, and how his personal opinion on a historical event should disqualify him from being welcomed back into the Fold. At the same time, here in America, we have scores of Democratic Catholic politicians openly and actively dissenting from the very FAITH itself, and nobody questions their membership.

I'm sure the Hades Millstone Company is adding a whole 'nuther shift to keep up with the demand...

10 comments:

Jeff Miller said...

Sad but true

Anonymous said...

It is a vivid and accurate cartoon, but that picture is kind of hard for me to stomach, its kinda shocking.

Vox Cantoris said...

Anonymous,

No, what is "shocking" is the behaviour of Catholic politicians and the passivity of the Church in America and in my own nation of Canada.

Paul, your work just keeps getting better and better!

Anonymous said...

I also find it disturbing, but it is true and it is supposed to be disturbing. I think you are right on target with this and your other works. My God in Heaven - have they no hearts? Perhaps this work should be sent directly to the offenders mentioned.

Paul Nichols said...

It is shocking. The idea came to me because it seems that "catholic" after "catholic" out there are taking the lead on promoting abortion. Things are ramping up, it seems.

After drawing it, I debated putting it up, because I imagine some would find it offensive.

In the end, I figure you can argue with how it's portrayed, but you can't argue with the validity of it.

It's disgraceful that so many "catholics" are such willing pawns in the Devil's game.

Anonymous said...

We've witnessed a recent (and ongoing) flap over Bp. Williamson from the SSPX, and how his personal opinion on a historical event should disqualify him from being welcomed back into the Fold.

That while Bp. Williamson attempted contrition to the Church for his statements, as well. He is being made an international pariah while those who actively participate and further an ongoing holocaust are kissed up to by the very same people carping about the SSPX!

The word hypocrite describes it perfectly.

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Anonymous said...

I agree it is shocking, but truth must be presented when people bury it in denial. Keep up the much needed Catholic Witness online!

My mission today:

PLEASE join with other Catholic Pro Life Bloggers by continually posting at every opportunity about Mr. Obama's UNACCEPTABLE stand on the destruction of innocent life - I propose we band together and make a peaceful but continual protest in defense of LIFE! Keep it going! God Bless you and Our Lady of Guadaloupe, Ora Pro Nobis!

The Pondering Catholic said...

I just found your blog. Wow!

I could not agree more with this cartoon and your assessment. I have often pondered about the fact that those who want to stay close to the traditions are excommunicated, mean while, those who promote the killing of babies, are still warmly welcomed. I am praying for the Holy Father at this time. I do hope someone addresses this circus. Great post.

Dolorosa said...

I pray that those so-called catholics who promote their pro-abortion views to the world see this cartoon and wake up before it's too late.